Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Excuses or Just Ignorance ?

Skipping the Sunday Service for the reason of fellowship with unbelievers so that can bring them to Christ? This is one message I received today. This struck my mind as a big blow as I do not understand.
Matt6:33"Seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well." Some things come first in our life; others come second; others are less important. We will live best when we put God and His way of life at the top of our list.
I wonder what happen nowadays? Are we Christians just Christians by name sake only? Should we Christians not Followers of Christ?
If we are Followers of Christ, we should respect God, fear God and place God in front of everything we do. This is what I have said in my earlier post, THOUGHT, where we see Eric Liddell was a godly man indeed.
How can we fore-go our once a week Praise and Worship God for the sake of fellow shipping with the unbelievers under the excuse of bringing them to Christ? We know our LORD is sovereign. He knows us even before we are born(Jeremiah 1:5 NIV "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations." ). Even our hairs he has counted before we even know(Matthew 10:30 NIV "And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered." ). Our foremost important thing to do is to love our LORD by praising Him and worshipping Him. For it is "Seek first HIS kingdom and HIS righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well".

No comments: