Sunday, August 16, 2009

Enter through the narrow gate

"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it." Matthew 7:13-14 (NIV)

We've all been called to a different life as Christians. We don't walk the same road the world walks, and at times it feels scary and uncomfortable. Yet the good news is we've been given sisters and brothers in Christ to walk beside us and help keep us focused. Although I may not ever relax when a beginning driver is in control of the car, I know I can relax because God is in control of my life. Recognizing that, the narrow road isn't quite so intimidating.

Dear Lord, You know how much I long to stay on the narrow road in my faith. Yet I find myself drifting across the dotted line too many times. I know I can't do this without You. Please help me be the woman You have called me to be. In Jesus' Name, Amen.


Glynnis Whitwer
Encouragement for today - Proverbs 31 Ministry

No comments: